Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2015

Rezension zu Hold me closer von David Levithan (english)



Titel: Hold me closer

Pages: 256
ISBN: 9780141359373

Buy here



Content

Especially for those of us who ordinarily feel ignored, a spotlight is a circle of magic, with the strength to draw us from the darkness of our everyday lives. 
 
Watch out, ex-boyfriends, and get out of the way, homophobic coaches. Tiny Cooper has something to say—and he’s going to say it in song.
Filled with honesty, humor, and “big, lively, belty” musical numbers, Hold Me Closer is the no-holds-barred (and many-bars-held) entirety of the beloved musical first introduced in Will Grayson, Will Grayson, the award-winning bestseller by John Green and David Levithan.
 
Tiny Cooper is finally taking center stage . . . and the world will never be the same again.

Opinion:

Tiny Cooper! Tiny Cooper!

First I have to say, I love english, but my english is not the best. I hope, all can read this.

My first thought was: Oh my good, what did you do? My first english book since the schools out.
But I wanted to try.. and I get it!

I like the way, Levithan is written this book. The art of musical I like very much, because I'm an actor in theater and love to read this script. It's easy to read, to understand, to love this book.

The protagonist Tiny Cooper, a gay guy.... I like his character, himself.
But... he was born gay? How he knows that in this age? Many people find out in teenage-age, and he knows as a baby? I was a bit surprised by this fact, but go on. This is Tiny Cooper!
I think, Tiny is a strong personality, which runs trough the entire book.
With 8 years, he knows that hes gay and want to tell his parents.. okay, I think, is a little to early to say, but okay, this is Tiny Cooper!

Lynda has an typical adulthood, I must grin a little bit, because it's so typical!

The songs in the book I like all very much! But I missed the sound of them. I want to hear the songs, but in my head lacked the rhythms of them. I need to hear, but without hearing, I fellt in love with this book.
I never read a book about lesbian or gay, and I think, this is a good implementation of this theme.
All friends of Tiny stands behind him, talking to him as well. Wow, this friends are TRUE friends!

Phil, Tiny's best friend, I liked him very! The dialogs and songs of them both are so nice, so strong, so sweet.

And then, Coach Frye... oh, I laughed all the time! The description of him, so brilliant!
David Levithan? Good work!

Tiny's mother understands, that he's gay. I want to hug her, because shes so understanding him! So overt, unconditional love names like she's.

The bullied of the football members... thats reality. People can't life with be different and go not with the mainstream. But the team of Tiny stands behind him, I was very surprised about that! So sympathetic.

But.. just a question.... Why is Tiny gets so many exes? #1 to #18 :O
I was shocked about that. Okay, he counts all the guys he's dating, but 18... wow! :O

Ex-boyfriend #18 (Will) I like most of all! He and Tiny = love <3

I had to laugh about the word weltschmerz... Hihi, it's german and I laughed about this word in the book! :D

In summary, I love this book about the gay Tiny Cooper, the story about him, the musical and the songs.
It's easy to read with many enthusiasm.


grade: 2 ( B ) (a good grade, not a bad... ranked from #1 to #6, #1 is the best, i take #2 )


In Deutsch:

Kurzfassung: Ein sehr tolles Buch, einfach zu verstehen und zu lesen.
Es ist sehr witzig geschrieben, hat viele Situationen, wo ich einfach nur schmunzeln musste, besonders bei Coach Frye.
Ich bin seit fünf Jahren ohne Englischunterricht, habe die mittlere Reife, konnte das Buch sehr gut verstehen, auch wenn ich das ein oder andere Wort nachschauen musste!
Ein tolles Buch über Homosexualität.

Note: 2

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen